ESSENCE OF A PLACE:
A Travel Photographer’s Guide to Using a Shot
List for Capturing Any Destination
NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE iPAD
BY CLICKING ANY IMAGE BELOW
Ralph’s recently released eBook, ESSENCE OF A PLACE: A Travel Photographer’s Guide to Using a Shot List for Capturing Any Destination is now available in an enhanced version for the iPad.
Have you ever returned from a trip and looked at the photographs you made only to find that they were uninspired? Or surely you’ve sat through someone else’s slideshow presentation of their travels and thought to yourself, “Will this ever end? Was there nothing else in that place but monuments and plates of food to photograph?”
In ESSENCE OF A PLACE: A Travel Photographer’s Guide to Using a Shot List for Capturing Any Destination, travel photographer, author and international photo tour guide Ralph Velasco outlines the importance of working from a shot list in order to create a more complete cultural portrait of a place. These images should then be the basis for more compelling slideshows, interesting books and captivating websites that grab and hold your viewers’ attention.
Just $4.99 (regular $9.97) for the enhanced
and interactive iBooks version for iPad.
The PDF version can be enjoyed on virtually any reader, tablet, computer, laptop, smart phone or other device that can display PDFs, but the iPad version has a few more features that enhance the experience on that device.
“Essence of a Place is a quick read that will give you some great ideas to improve your travel photography, but it will also inspire you to buy a ticket and hit the road! I highly recommend it!”
~ Neil Kristianson
“Just finished reading ‘Essence of a Place.’ Very enjoyable photo book and very helpful educational book, all between the same covers! I highly recommend it to anyone who travels; whether around their own town, or around the world. I like the layout: photos with their accompanying shot list entry (if you don’t know what a shot list is, this book is a must!), followed by how and why Ralph took the shot.”
~ Bob Stine
“Thanks so much for writing this beautiful book. It has opened my eyes and taught me how to really see a place, and how to capture images that not only show how a place looks, but also how it feels.”
~ Doreen Miller
“Essence of a Place is an invaluable tool designed to help bring back those images that might otherwise go unnoticed when wandering around a foreign locale…this is a helpful eBook for any photographer.”
~ A. Pond
Learn to go beyond the more obvious categories of Architecture, People and Landscapes by capturing Color, Details, Night Scenes, Interiors, the Underbelly and so many more.
CLICK ANY IMAGE FOR
THE iPAD VERSION
- Now available in an enhanced version for the iPad.
- Also available for viewing on any reader, tablet, computer or smart phone capable of displaying PDFs.
- Clear description of why you should be using a shot list.
- 30 categories of a shot list presented in alphabetical order with clickable Table of Contents for easy navigation.
- Sample images by professional travel photographer Ralph Velasco from such destinations as India, Cuba, Morocco, Cambodia, Mexico, Egypt, Europe, the U.S. and others.
- Behind the Scenes description of each image and what Ralph was thinking when he made the shot.
The interactive Table of Contents takes you directly to the part of the book you’re looking for.
Here’s a sample category to give you an idea of what to expect…
Why you need this eBook
- Ideal for photographers of all skill levels, from beginner to advanced amateur.
- Provides a clear explanation of why you should be maintaining a shot list for each destination or subject.
- Based on Ralph’s My Shot Lists for Travel app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch®.
- Discover why a well-rounded set of images that more completely captures the essence of a place is essential.
- Learn the importance of creating a cultural portrait that highlights the unique aspects and key identifying features of a destination.
- 30 distinct categories of a shot list presented in alphabetical order for easy navigation.
- Have your friends and family asking you to see your photography, not the other way around.
THE iPAD VERSION IS AVAILABLE
BY CLICKING ANY IMAGE
Here’s another sample category: Color
About the Author
Ralph Velasco is a travel photography instructor, author and international tour guide who has led tours around the world, including to Egypt, Spain, Mexico, Morocco, Chicago and San Francisco. He’s also organized eight People-to-People programs to Cuba. Ralph is a featured speaker at the Travel & Adventure Shows throughout the United States, as well as at the Orange County Fair, and he has taught travel photography classes at the Irvine Fine Arts Center, Saddleback College, UC Irvine Extension, Julia Dean Photo Workshops, REI and Santa Ana College.
In a nutshell
Spend a bit of extra time before you arrive at a destination and research the types of images you should be after, and be sure to develop and maintain a shot list along the way. If you’ll do this, whatever your photography skill level you can’t help but return with a set of images that gives the viewers of your work a more complete and overall sense of the place.
ENHANCED iPAD VERSION
AVAILABLE BY CLICKING
ANY IMAGE HERE
Follow this link to get the PDF VERSION of Ralph Velasco’s new eBook for just $4.97. If you own an iPad you may want to wait until the release of the iPad version, coming soon.
Ralph Velasco is a travel photography instructor and international tour guide. He’s the author of Essence of a Place: A Travel Photographer’s Guide to Using a Shot List for Capturing Any Destination and Ralph Velasco On Travel Photography: 101 Tips for Developing Your Photographic Eye & More. He’s also creator of the My Shot Lists for Travel app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch®.